08 November, 2020

Farming is catching up!




This sight on my way to work has held my attention every day during the last week. I watched the transplanting of the paddy in the fields. The enthusiasm was obvious. The economic stress revived the interest the farmers to cultivate the farm after a break of two years.  

Turning a barren land into a cultivated land!

This is true of a farm. 

It is also true of our inner life. To nurture our inner life is a responsible activity, to which all of us need to pay attention. It is when we feed our thoughts, attitudes, values and choices with what is excellent in content and purpose, we become fruit bearers of kindness, thoughtfulness and mindfulness. 

At the end of the elections in the USA and the recent by-polls in India last week, I became even more aware how our speech can hurt others to wound them and damage them. 

There is a space which is neither ours or other's. It is a space when goodness of God abides. Only when goodness of God is expressed in action, it occupies the common space that we share with each other. 

That is what I experienced the other day. I was carrying three bags. He was walking beside me. He took two bags form me till I reached the car. He refused to reveal his identity and left me with these words, 'I receive help all the time, I am glad I had an opportunity to help'.

Doing good whenever possible..make it a habit!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)





No comments:

Post a Comment