13 November, 2020

A candle without a wick!


This candle made for Christmas cheer in 2019 in the department was lit twice a week at our prayer time and its wick burned out recently. When I placed it in the window seal and replaced it with another candle on the table, I was reminded of human life span. As I grow older, it is one thought that comes to my mind often. The candle brought light and pointed to the eternal hope every time it was lit. During the rest of the week it remained still. 

That is the rhythm of life as well. To be active till it is necessary and after that season is over, step back after handing over the baton. 

With that season in the immediate horizon for me, I have an immense sense of gladness for the life given to to live. Anna and I are fortunate to have been given each other to travel together for the last 44 years.

The joy of life while burning and when quiet are similar because, both are two sides of the same coin. Life is for living-actively and quietly. That is true celebration and gratefulness.

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment