06 September, 2019

Folded petals!


I find the flowers battered by rain in our garden.

The earliest sign of impending damage to a flower is the appearance of folding of petals.

Since I noticed flowers loosen gather petals in a day or so which otherwise would last for five or more days, I have gathered the flowers to keep them in vases. As usual flowers last five or more days fresh.

Yesterday during a conversation with a senior colleague at work, I discovered that there are some symptoms of weariness that some fo us have accumulated recently due to some changes in the staffing!

This week is the fifth week in succession when the full compliment of staff has not been present to engage our daily rhythm! 

When I take leave, it does inconvenience others. If I take leave others have to do extra work. I became aware of this even more while looking at the stress the rose petals suffer from,  due to continuous rain! 

I felt that my colleagues have stretched themselves leading to some of them going home late. 

I felt compelled to reflect on this! It is all about paying attention to life and living! When that is looked after there is a new energy level! 

Flowers thrive when protected. 

I realised that I have a responsibility to protect my colleagues! I am only sorry that it dawned on me only now!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment