11 September, 2019

Avian tricks!




I have a fascination to look for the tricks some birds or squirrels perform out of necessity. They are adept to adapt to the situation.

This barbet in vertical posture, inclined and horizontal, all swells one with ease and equilibrium. The birds use narrow spaces to negotiate their movements. 

They are overcomes. 

No electricity for two days!  Daffny sick with high fever and refusing to eat or drink! I have developed keratitis in one eye. The sale of the teak wood in the property fell through. Anna is away visiting one of our children' family. The domestic helper is away! I was bordering to self pity in my orientation!

It is in this context I looked at the pictures of this Barbet! It adapted to its need and situation!

We cannot eliminate or diffuse stress. But we can grow in the experience of coping to live with it. 

Jesus of Nazareth coped with stress by turning to silence and prayer! Complaining is not the way to far stress. Accepting and dating would become natural to us as we learn to grow in the art of receiving them as formative influences in our lives! 

I heard from a visitor today that he lived with with post poliomyelitis paralysis of the lower limbs for forty-five years. He is a teacher in school. He walks holding on to a pole in the midline, negotiates his movements awkwardly and travels in an adapted three wheeler. His cheerfulness and friendliness amazed me! The barbet and this visitor gave me the message I needed for toady. Live well and full, no matter what might be the circumstances!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment