06 July, 2019

Turning the other way!



Dulcie has a long play time in the courtyard in the morning, apart from the time of play inside the house with Daffney.

Yesterday, while Dulcie was outside, it started drizzling. I called her in. She turned to acknowledge my call, but turned the other direction and pretended not to hear me when I called her a second and third time. 

I was in a hurry and it was not the best time to discipline her.

So I enticed her with the rattling of biscuits in the jar. The moment she heard the sound she was inside waiting for her biscuits. When I looked at her rather seriously, she turned away and went to the other room. That was a genuine indication of regret. I reached out to her to give her biscuits. 

Sometimes we allow her to get wet in the rain, as she is fond of that, provided we have the time to dry her after that.

Dogs too have their needs and pleasures.

It is good to be aware of them and give in whenever possible. 

How much more to our children, whose aspirations and longings and needs call for our genuine attention!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment