07 July, 2019

First step in moving on !











How can I not share a fascinating experience! 

It was just a few days ago I watched this young Magpie Robin was waiting to be fed by going before the adult Magpie Robin and opening the mouth for feed. I watched it being fed. 

Today, it was hopping around in the ground looking for its feed on its own. It took a while and a scattered search in the garden before it found the worm. The worm resisted before it to surrender to the young Magpie Robin.

After all these search for food was over and was well fed, I saw it fly to rest on a live cable.

Yes it has grown up to look after itself. 

I could not see the adult Magpie Robins anywhere today, while the other two young ones were spotted tracking for their food. 

For a bird, this looked like one of the early steps to move in pursuing its independent bird life.

For most children joining the school is one of the early steps to find his or her way into transition. 

What is this transition! To be able to think, behave, choose, decide and find a space for personal existence!

As it is transition and not an instantaneous jump to competency, most children take different paths to arrive.

Last week I met a family, whose comment about the child was about, what he was not able to do  without recognising him to be in this transition journey.    

We are transition companions to people around us as they journey from one station to another station in life. I know a surgeon who talked all about  the spectrum of surgery he is good at. There was no satisfactory response about the competencies of his younger surgical colleagues. In such a situation a senior surgeon is not a companion but a user of his colleagues fo his self promotion. 

I come across this challenge in my work. Is my calling for more and more for myself or more for others who work along with me! 

We are called to be companions and collaborators, keeping other's interest uppermost in our mind!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment