03 July, 2019

Butterflies Today in the garden !


 
I have arranged the photographs of butterflies I spotted in our garden in the order of their size- small to big. The last one was a giant butterfly which is not common in our garden.

Each of them behaved differently. Except the last two, the others were not even on flowers.

The giant butterfly did not seem to rest on a flower. It fluttered while sucking out the nectar.

Behaviour is an instinctual phenomenon, inherited and acquired.

This is a question,  that I am faced with every day at my work. Most parents would like to know why their children behave in particular way!

In fact, when pointed out, parents discover that their children behave similar to what and how they do!

What is consoling is that all behaviours can be modified. That is the prospect of human character. We are given the will to choose to behave the way we are comfortable. Although we get conditioned to particular way, there is certainty of acquiring change in behaviour if we so desire. This is why the Alcoholics Anonymous has been able to rescue thousands of adults from alcohol dependance in all the continents.

We can choose our behaviour. 

We can choose the angry way or conciliating way! I admit that it needs patient endeavour. I still have a long way to go to embrace the conciliating way! But I am glad that the desire to go that way is engaging me!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment