08 July, 2019

Birds are messengers!




This might be the female bird of of the species Purplerumped Sunbird as I find them together.

I found this bird visiting this flower for a couple of days for an ultrashort time. 

I have become fond of this bird because of its pretty complexion. It stays hidden in thick foliage and one gets only a short time view of this bird as it is hopping between shrubs or flowers. 

One thing special about them is that they do not disturb butterflies or honey bees. It takes its own space and not of others!

That is something I carry back with me after watching some of these birds. The small ones do not exercise a dominating presence. 

Live and let live is their way in nature!

It is when we relate to people we realise how it is different in human relationships. The grabbing instinct within us is at work to rob others of their place or significance.

I have meditated on this a lot recently.

I look back over forty five years of involvement in different organisations and places of responsibilities. When there was a conscious spirit of welcoming others, there was space for growth for everyone. When there was an imposing presence, it did disturb relationship and diffused trust in each other. One of the recent experiences I have had, reminds me of this conflict that sprang up gradually between wanting to have greater control and regarding each other trustfully. The pain of such interaction consumes inner peace. It takes a while to feel free of the pain of separation from years of trustful relationship. To arrive at offering forgiveness and restoring relationships become difficult and often superficial.

Welcome birds and we shall feel ministered to! They sing and look at us. There is healing in their wings.   

It is not what we think of ourselves which gives us identity of worthier significant, but what we leave behind as memories for others to treasure. When I view that as a yard stick, I feel called to make that as my habit in relationships in the rest of time left for me. So another journey of personal renewal starts.

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 


No comments:

Post a Comment