29 December, 2018

With or without Tripoid!



I have often wondered whether a  tripod is essential for use of telephoto lenses. 

I looked at the several photos I took of this bird without a tripod. All the pictures do not have the details of the bird, except for the open beaks which suggest that it might be singing ! Unless one is exceptional with a steady hand it is more or less clear that tripod is valuable. In this case it was difficult to capture some details due to poor light conditions. So I ended up using the auto mode with image stabilisation!

With the advent of mirrorless micro four third SLR cameras and lenses, the weight of the equipment has been halved, so also the clarity and details of the target! Since I use one of them for the last one year, the photography has become more easy and I am redeeming the lost pleasure. However the full frame camera cannot be substituted. It would remain as the leader in art photography!

If we were to leave behind the technical application of the photography, what came home to me from the pictures of this bird is its location on the top of a tall teak  tree, which is about 200 feet high. The bird is on a slender twig and appears to be positioned precariously and yet singing!

Yesterday was a difficult day with some disturbing experiences which bothered Anna and myself. It looked as if there is no end to the sorrowful experiences.

So When I reviewed these photos and saw the bird singing, I felt revived to some extent. 

Life is for singing! Life is for Learning! Life is for Living!  

There is plentiful joyful and fulfilling experiences and the sorrowful experiences cannot drown all of them!

It is a message of hope and consolation! 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment