31 December, 2018

Singing in 2019


Anna and I watched this Drongo family of birds come and rest on the power cables in our courtyard  giving us just enough time to bring out the camera. They were singing tunefully taking turns. 

They flew away singing and perched in the adjacent nutmeg tree, not visible to us, but near enough for us to hear their birdsong.

What a surprise and a refreshing way to usher in the new year!

If one were to go by tradition, birds sing tunefully and continually and when they are peaceful or courting!   

I have watched this family of birds a few times around our cottage but not singing.

They to me were visitors with a message. 

I am still recovering form some difficult experiences of the last week! I had the day to myself, mostly spending time with workers doing different things in the property.

I was becoming weary in spirit and heavy of heart with the things that need attention and because of some pending work, mainly the building the wall of the pond, from where we receive water for irrigation of the property! 

The birds brought immense cheer and lifted the curtain of heaviness and anxiety. This to me was the new year gift to my soul. 

Music has a resonating and calming effect, which lifts us to a new a plane beyond reason and logic.  I experienced this with the birdsong this evening 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment