31 December, 2018

Three migrant birds!




During my walk on Sunday afternoon, I sighted these three migrant birds. I felt awful as the light condition was not in favour of crisp photography! Also I tried out a telephoto lens with an adapter which was supposed to enhance the lens to the equivalent of 400 mm. The quality of picture failed my expectations. The haziness and lack of details would be on account of multiple factors including not using a tripod. 

If I can leave behind the technical matters, the three birds were sighted singly on the top of tall trees. This is an indication of the hesitation of the migrant birds to appear in the vicinity of the regular avians who inhabit the place. 

The territorial domination of birds reveals the possessive nature of the birds. Birds frequent their places of normal habitat and chase away the other visitors or intruders.  

It reminds me about the way I feel sometimes. 

I feel strange in unfamiliar circumstances.

This is perhaps a common feeling, most of us carry with us when we take up a new job, or change house or leave our family settings. 

The body language of these three birds convey quiet confidence although there might be bit of tentativeness. 

I feel tentative about 2019. It is a year of transition for me from my regular work setting to something more than that! 

What gives me some confidence is the way the three birds decide to take a risk while coming into a new territory! They positioned themselves beyond the normal plane of the other birds, high above in the air space! 

It is a calling to live uniquely overcoming the stereotypes!

There is an opportunity to live from within, yet aware of the circumstances and not conditioned by them! 

Life is for Living, Learning, and Listening to the voice from within! 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment