16 March, 2018

Something more!



There is something more in the cluster of rose buds! It is a web! The web makes this photo even more special!

The university practical examination is currently going on. Two batches of students have gone through this!

Anna tis one of the examiners in her subject. She has had students who became tearful and found the viva difficult! But she was patient and thoughtful towards them! I heard one of the students mention that some examiners made them at ease even when they could not answer the initial questions!

There is always something more we can offer in every situation. It is that 'second mile journey' or thoughtfulness we express which bring comfort and wellness. It is in the cingular gyrus of the brain, the emotion of compassion is located! There are evidences to suggest that we can cultivate compassion or suppress it! 

Having been in a specialty of clinical service, where I come across  parents in distress, I pondered  over this matter yesterday, after meeting a family with their 15 years old son suffering from a rare disease, which has no curative treatment! 

I reflected on my seventy minutes meeting with them! How have they returned home at the end of the conversation!

Do I offere something more in my engagement with others!

MC.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment