18 March, 2018

At he opportune time..!


This is the last rose bush, 11th in its order in our garden. All the ten rose bushes blossomed from November! But this plant remained stubborn without any buds or flowers. 

However it has suddenly shown a new life in the last ten days with fresh leaves and several buds!

For me its presence in the garden is special. It is smaller than other bushes and is at the end of the row of rose bushes and did not grow as well as other plants right from the start. It was also too close to the wall and perhaps did not have good soil for its growth.

About five months back when the plants were pruned and manured, this bush received  special attention. 

I counted twenty five buds and more are expected with tender leaves still sprouting!

I have gone through a difficult season in my life in the last year or so on account of some decisions, I was part of during my involvement with an organisation. I felt accused and attacked. Friends deserted....there was anger and hate expressed...

By November, I knew I had to redeem myself and find my anchor in the larger purpose of life.

Since the rose bushes began blossoming, I took time every morning on the days I was at home, to spend time to look at the buds and flowers. I took their phots and viewed them leisurely! As I did this for the last four months, I realised that there were hundreds of flowers during this season, unlike anything like in the last five years since we started living in this cottage! It seems to me that these flowers were messengers given to me with a message!

Pay attention to LIFE, LIVNG AND LEARNING! All the other things are external. The external need to stay external and what is internal alone is life-giving! 

It was a great relief to write to over sixty friends to send a message of friendship! Although the response is yet to come, I feel inwardly awakened to move forward... it involves being patient with those who are still disharmonious in attitude!

That is the message I received from the rose bush, the photo of which is above...nurture relationship and stay patient!

The messengers and messages come to us at opportune times! 

M.C.Mathew (photo and text)
  


No comments:

Post a Comment