21 March, 2018

An Investigation!







I have noticed during the last one week some rose flowers showing signs of 'attack' from an insect- petals partly eaten.

As I looked at the flowers which had a ragged appearance of the petals, I found an eye-catching moth on one of the flowers.

That led me to inspect the buds and flowers and I found another insect of the same species in a few other flowers. 

I noticed that the insect had attacked the buds as well and eaten them away.

The flowers survive amidst all the challenges nature bring upon it. 

Jesus sof Nazareth spoke of a parable of allowing the weeds to grow along with the wheat, let while plucking out the weeds, the wheat also woeful be damaged. 

Where should our focus be ! On the difficulties, disturbances, or even evil!

I suspect he focus ought to be on the good and doing good!

I have had a recent experience of some inner disturbances, when I felt drawn by the focus on doing good! It is a difficult experience because, the good usually gets submerged in everything else. 

But the good is like a 'leaven' unnoticed often, but its yeast like function brings a change now or later! 

So the words of Jesus of Nazareth, 'Do good to those who harm you..' brings an eternal perspective to our existence. We live because of a calling to do good, not under the compulsion of existential challenges!  

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment