08 February, 2017

Learning macro photography!


This is the best of about thirty photographs I took in an attempt to get the flowers in focus in a macro mode with a 18-150 mm lens! That was not the ideal thing to do! I could have used a dedicated macro lens. I felt lazy to do so! I do not think that any of the flowers and leaves are in focus. 

It is now thirty years I have and my first camera. I started with compact camera and moved on to SLR cameras. After using SLR cameras for several years, I have now returned to using compact cameras. My recent experiment has been with mirrorless camera! I have only elementary knowledge of the physics of light and settings to suit light and exposure requirements. And yet, I like taking pictures because the pictures tell me a lot more than what I would have observed while looking!

Never mind, if the flower is not in focus! The desert rose is Anna's favourite flower. For that sake it was worth capturing a memory of the flowers in our garden which Anna planted and tended !

I was once again taken by surprise the web in the flowers which a spider was trying to create for itself! It reminds me of the challenges of living creatures!

It brings back memories of people, whose stories I hear at my work, of their challenges to live during  difficult times!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment