26 February, 2017

Our view !



I was surprised to find how this fern tree presented itself differently depending upon from which side I looked at the tree- from the side of the Sun or opposite! The tree was the same, but views were decided form which angle I viewed the tree!

As I sit in meetings and listen to conversations which progress into arguments, I get a similar feeling. The differing arguments spring from the view of a person on a particular issue! Other views are also equally important for the discussion. But some in a dogmatic way overemphasise a perspective that it leads to misunderstanding or confusion! 

I too have a tendency to be biased... when one becomes conscious of it or when pointed out by someone who cares, it is necessary to step back and recompose oneself to be open to others as much as one desires for others to be open to me! 

A senior friend was in a habit of revising his opinion every time he was better informed! 

Our inner growth is conditioned by our openness... 'to do to others as we would have them to do unto us' !

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment