14 February, 2016

Sighting and shooting!


With the summer setting in, I sight more birds in our garden in the early morning period. 

I sighed pairs of parakeet and wood pecker for the first time in this season! Although I had the compact camera in my hand, I had a urge  to go in to get the SLR with the zoom lens for take better shots of these morning visitors!

I am glad that I resisted that fancy and stayed on to watch their romance during their short presence!

It is a pressure for any photographer to shoot good pictures and every sight of photogenic scenes brings
out that urge! Sometimes, what we miss out in our hurry to shoot a photo is more than what we gain from a photo! Some of these birds have a natural visual and emotional appeal which would last for long in our visual memory!

Being able to appreciate something fully and not to yield to a compulsion to convert it into a photo is a difficult discipline.

While on a walk with Katharine and Peter, I stopped so often to shoot nature sights that, Peter gently asked me, 'are you enjoying the sights or only taking photos'! 

Im glad that hose words came back to me and I felt freed by a compulsion to take better pictures!

I would have lost a lot if I missed those few minutes, because what the birds displayed  was their dance of joy!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment