07 February, 2016

Shades of opinion!

As I took pictures of the hibiscus flower from different positions in the morning sun, I was fascinated by the  display of colours sunlight produces    on the flower. The same flower but shades of colours!

I was at meeting of senior professionals discussing on improving facilities for patients who come to the hospital. The discussion drifted to arguing on an issue which was not black and white. Each opinion had a valid dimension and it was in bringing together all shades of opinion, one could actually appreciate the complexity of the issue under discussion. However there was more disagreement than clarity at the end of the discussion.

While returning from the meeting, a colleague mentioned to me that, ' we seem to believe in our opinions too strongly'. 

Others and their opinions can enlarge our thinking or make us argue for our position. 

When I audit my opinions on certain matters, I discover the value of other's opinions to move me beyond my own position.

We can listen in order to discern and be wiser! That is how shades of opinion bring the whole picture into perspective!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment