29 February, 2016

See me not!




As I watched this three year old child hide his face every time I tried reaching out to him, I wondered why he remained strange anxious which most children get over by about two years. 

He has been in and out of hospitals form the age of six months for different medical conditions and he seems to have a fear according to his parents that something painful would be done to him! He lives in fear!

As I was driving back home with is strange thought of 'fear', I realised how true it is in our lives. We have fearful memories of events an experiences from our childhood that our decisions and attitudes are influenced by such fears!

Every time I park some where, I have a fear of someone accidentally bumping in to th car as it happened at least five times in thirty years. However it happened only five times out of hundreds of thousands of time I parked. And yet the fear lingers in my mind.

A five years old child helped to move to another level trust recently. When he came int to the room, he placed the chocolate he had in his hand on the windowsill. He played for a while and found his chocolate before he left the room. He trusted did not fear the strangers in the room!

It is trust that is the antidote to fear!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment