16 February, 2016

Let children win!


I have revisited this group photograph of children several times during the last one year because of the V sign which a girl indicates and the thumb sign two other children show in this photo!

Having spent forty years  of my working life with children, I carry a searching question in my mind: do children have an optimum environment for their wellness and development!

As I think and prepare to write on this issue I am making enquiries about the parental perspectives for children and children's aspirations for their future!

I have a suspicion that it is where the conflict starts first! 

Let me suggest that our conversation times at home ought to turn in favour of promoting freedom for children to share openly and freely! 

To feel accepted and wanted is the first step towards to helping children to have a feeling of belonging and wellness! 

There is a lot parents might want to invest in tier children emotionally and relationally, for which children's heart need to be directed towards parents! This begins by deliberate action of inclusiveness of children in our daily rhythm at home, apart form the time we spend with them to help them with their home work!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment