06 October, 2018

The fun of a tree house!



I watched this elderly person cajoling and and helping his grandson climb the tree house! He looked more delighted and fulfilled than his grand son at the end of climbing and descending!

I watched the children after they climbed n got down. They had a mixed feeling-gladness and relief of anxiety!

Seeing them experience this fun, I too indulged in experiencing it. 

Th first time I remember climbing a tree house was in Malayattor, in a rubber plantation, when I was around nine years, when I accompanied my parents to visit a family friend. 

The tree house was used then to watch for stray elephants coming into the human habitation and frighten them back to their forest habitat. 

Only when I watched these children go up and down the ladder to the tree house, this memory returned to me!

Our childhood memories lie dormant in the subconscious mind. It is when we have a similar experience, such memories resurface in our consciousness. This form of recollection is a refreshing and healing experience. I remember slipping from the ladder while descending. Although I was unhurt, I did receive a reprimand for my carelessness!  The memory of that reprimand remained linked to the experience and diminished the pleasure of climbing a tree house. So it was good to recollect it and feel less intense about the reprimand. 

Most of has many such memories which need our conscious attention to feel relieved of the burden, grief, anger or stress associated with it. 

This inner healing process makes us freer and fuller in our inner consciousness of our past ! Life is full of overwhelming experience of goodness of others and abundance of goodwill! When this consciousness dawns on us, we have a new optic to life and living!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment