07 October, 2018

A weekly clinical quiz!


This is the third place, where I am trying to invite medical students and doctors to participate in a weekly quiz ! This board which was put outside the department where I work yesterday, has already a clinical photograph for identifying the clinical condition which the child seems to have! 

The bulletin board took 18 months to arrive since it was ordered. But it is well made, aesthetic  and polished. So it looks elegant, thanks to Mr Soman, who provided this and mounted it on the wall.  

On all the three earlier occasions, I introduced this in the three places where I worked, it did create some learning curiosity and interactive conversations. 

I am grateful to my colleagues, Susan, Hanna, Tinu and a post graduate student from child health, who helped in designing the content, taking print out and putting up the display!

To me visual learning is an important resource for adult learning. What we see might remain in our visual memory. There are some clinical conditions in children who have a dysmorphic organ. Seeing them is one way of identifying it at a later occasion!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment