16 October, 2018

The beginning!


The jackfruit tree in our garden is ready for its fruits for this year!

It is in its annual ritual!

Too early to say, if all of them would grow to become large fruits!

To live fruitfully is a calling!

I was touched eith the grace  of conversation in three places I visited today.

I had to pay a fine for overspeeding at the transport office. The person who received the fine, smiled and apologised for fining me for overspeeding! She added that you might be a careful driver, but others might not be! But the roadside cameras do not have the artificial intelligence as yet, to know whom to fine and whom not to!

Then I visited a home appliance store to get the baking oven repaired. The manager sorted out everything in no time and apologised for the inconvenience caused by the breakdown of the oven!  The apology was ore than just a business tactic!

On his advice I went to the repair section. I was given the part to be replaced and assured of a visit by the technician today! It is raining heavily now, so he called to say the that he would visit tomorrow.  

Then I visited the car garage for service of the car. The two mechanics who attended on me looked committed to 'care' for the car because of the way they inspected the car with attention and scrutinising eyes. They were both professional and immensely personal in their approach. 

Our demeanour, conversation style and simple courtesies make others feel noticed, attended to and valued! What is life unless it touches others with kindness!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)









No comments:

Post a Comment