26 January, 2017

Flowers are formed!



Some flowers tell us the story of their formation! Its formation is complex!

I keep wondering about human formation as I reflect over the six decades of my life! I live in a village now where I grew up for eighteen years. I left the village for further studies and returned to live here four years ago!

I meet my school friends now and then who never left the village! They lived and worked and retired in the village! Their lives are formed by their environment, relationships and ideologies!

Having been away in different places with exposures to different experiences in life, gains and losses,  I realise how each of those experiences have made me what I am!

I frequently meditate on the theme of, ' Who am I and whose am I' as I try to reflect on the way marks of journey of life!

What I discover to my surprise is what I received from others! St Paul's, question, 'What is that you have not received...' comes up all the time as a reality check!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment