04 July, 2016

Collaboration in art!



There were five groups of students engaged one evening last week, in creating designs on the floor as part of the college cultural festival!

What touched me most was the co-operative effort to create the designs. There were at least ten students in each group, preparing the mix of colours, designing on the paper first and then on the floor, filling the design with colour combinations and finally fine tuning the design!

They did these with ease in a leisurely pace. I wish I could have spent the full three hours with them watching the progress and the process!

I was delighted to watch the outcome of their collaborative effort. 

I spoke to one group about their experience. 'It helped us to plan and do something together! We wish we had more such events'!

Let me suggest that working with our hands collaboratively is most fulfilling! Such events bring into focus the benefits of team work!

Together we achieve more than what we do individually!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)  

No comments:

Post a Comment