05 July, 2016

Patience as a virtue!


Following the monsoon there was a sudden spurt of growth in this plant with flowers that held my attention when they were in full bloom! It was a long wait of two years to see this happen! Our gardener had given special attention to this plant before the monsoon by softening the soil around its roots and manuring it! He was patient and hopeful that the plant would grow well! He was proved right. 

Yesterday, I lost my cool during a telephonic conversation with a friend and I felt that I was unreasonable on my attitude to an issue at the end of the conversation! It was after a long time that I felt provoked to react like this! I was not patient enough and unwilling to see a point of view different from what I believed was the way forward!

At the end of the conversation, when I was through a personal debriefing, I remembered this sight in the garden! Patience is a virtue!

Every form of reaction to a situation arises from strong opinions. Make room for the points of view and behaviour of others. Let them have their way because their decision is based on their perspective of the situation! When one has to differ, do it gently and respectfully! That was a lesson, that has come alive to me one more time!  

I sent an apology for my unreasonableness shortly after this. I might not have diffused the damage, but it helped me to come to my senses and return to the language of love in my relationships!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment