28 December, 2016

They came back to celebrate again!


This final year batch of students with whom Anna was actively involved in guiding and co-ordianting their research, surprised us last week on the last day of their formal classes, before they begin their examination season! They wanted Anna and me to be present with them for cutting a cake! It was one occasion when I did not have my camera with me. I am still getting used to the camera in the i-phone! So I do not have a picture of the occasion.

Anna tells me that all of them found their way on their own and she had to do little to help them, that too only in the beginning! But their gratitude is disproportionate to her expectation or what she seems to deserve! 

I too feel moved by such acts of kindness. On enquiry about the reason for this celebration, one of them said, 'we want to end the days in the college by sharing our joy with some special people..'

Anna and I feel touched and uplifted by such acts of generous kindness and appreciation!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment