16 December, 2016

Earthen vessels !


These earthen pots beautifully painted for table decoration were on sale during the Christmas cheer function organised by the department of developmental paediatrics and child neurology on 13th Dec.2016.

As I watched these pots get transformed from its earthen colour to what they became when my colleagues spent a day pinning these pots, my memory went back to my childhood days.  It was the earthen vessels that were used to store water and for cooking. Now the earthen vessels are used rarely for such purposes.

It is the potter that forms these vessels from clay. He uses his artistic and dexterous skills to make them and my colleagues used their artistic imagination to turn them into flower vases. 

From clay to pot and from a pot to a vessel and from a vessel to a flower vase .... it is an evolution!

Does it not remind us of our own formation journey! It is good to dwell on the question, 'what we are becoming'!

A pot, vessel and a flower vase serves others. I stay with a question, 'Am I becoming someone useful for others'!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment