31 December, 2016

Living freely and fully!

I am more than glad when I am able to capture tiny birds during their hurricane movements between twigs and branches. 

As I watched this bird, it broke all the laws of gravity with ease!

I found it gripping on to the plant in different positions confidently and staying fully balanced!

Jesus of Nazareth said, 'Look at the birds of the air....' The context in which He referred to them was to indicate how God provides for them even when they do not sow or reap!

In another sense, this involves the dimension of living with ease and freedom! It chooses its own movements and travel! Its wings are conditioned to negotiate the air pressure and cut across the air current. 

As I reflect over the last six months, I realise how the pressure of the circumstances reduced that freedom for me! The strength to live well amidst pressures of life springs from the awareness of our inner strength- who we are and Whose we are!

Following the demonetisation of the 500 and 1000 rupee notes, there is a considerable struggle to get cash form the ATMs and bank counters as there isn't enough cash in circulation!

It is a pressure that is imposed upon us! 

I heard a small trader telling me that he is able to manage to some extent and continue his trade as most of his co-traders give him freedom to pay as when he has cash! 

It is when we care for others, we can lessen the fear of living- 'what shall we eat, what shall we put on or where we shall live', which is what Jesus of Nazareth reminded us in his message in the sermon on the Mount!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)






No comments:

Post a Comment