28 December, 2016

Shade and Shadow!


As I stayed watching this rose flower, I realised that this flower was mostly under the shade of a tree above it and subdued by the shadow of its own petals !

The whole flower had a dull and diminished look. It looked awfully different from what it is, had it not been for the shade and shadow! 

There are shadows we carry in our lives! I read a biography yesterday while the car was being serviced, of an outstanding industrialist. He grew up in the shade of his father who did not permit him to start a business of his own. So he left home to start the business and it became successful. Although he returned home after his father welcomed him back, this had cast a shadow in his life for a long time, till at one point in time in his early thirties, he came to his own sense and said, 'I am myself and I am free.. '.

Later came the time when the industrialist became a shadow for his children. Fortunately, he allowed them to grow up without capturing them to remain in his shadow. It was not easy... the biography contributed by his children and grandchildren gave me a glimpse of the shades we carry in our lives and the shadows we cast on others. 

 St Ireneus once said, 'the glory of God is man fully alive'!

M.C. Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment