22 December, 2015

The dew drops!


One of my occupations during winter months is to capture the dew drops on the flowers and grass! It is a difficult photographic exercise while using a compact camera! So I have rarely succeeded in getting the clarity I was looking for!

Leaving apart the photographic quality, such occasions give a lot of insight about the night temperature!

The dew has special value for farmers. The paddy seeds are prepared for sowing by drying them in the sun during th day and exposing them to the dew at night for a week or more. My first experience  of this was when I was at school. My parents owned a farm and they raised  two rice crops a year.  

That was the first time I became aware of a purpose for everything that happens in nature!

Late Dr. Ray Windsor, a cardio-thoracic surgeon of repute from Auckland once told me that, it was during his training as a surgeon, he was fascinated by the arterio-venous system of the body, which drew him into a mysterious experience  marvelling at creation!  

Become a student of nature and we would be surprised by its mysteries beyond scientific rationale!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment