22 December, 2015

A close look at a photograph!


Since I started using a 35mm camera for most of the photography for a while now, I realised that some photography is difficult with a compact camera.

I took a close-up view of a rose flower in our garden in a macro mode. Although it looked slightly out of focus, it looked reasonable enough with most details. But I decided to magnify the photo. To my utter surprise I discovered that the flower had a hallow around its rim, which is a clear indication of the 'shaken camera' state. For a photographer, it is a disappointing discovery!

However, I went to analyse the photo further. It has a uniform halo with the blurring of the rose flower. It probably can be due to other reasons as well. One of them is the error of the lens in the macro mode. 

I have decided to use a tripod for some close up views to confirm if it is a shake to the camera or an error in the optics of th lens in macro mode!

Sometimes we give up on learning further, because we depend on our perception. Keep revising our opinions or perceptions, which is the only way to be on a learning curve!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment