22 December, 2015

Two days of time out !



It was after a long while Anna and I took a break to spend time with children who were visiting us. 

It was during this time, I realised what I missed with my hurried pace of living! During the last six  months there were meetings, travels, guests to entertain and new challenges at work!

The external events determined our pace of being and therefore doing became the normal way of living!

As I watched five generations of jack fruits on this tree two days back, although  they were there for a while and I passed by this tree each day during my walk, I became aware of the preoccupied pace of my living! 

When I discovered them, it was a eureka moment, overwhelming me with a new awakening to reset the rhythm of living!

There are times when our lives need a 'time out' to reflect, listen and revise the way we live!

I realise that when inner ambience is not seasoned with silence and the outer activity is not interspersed with solitude, we run the risk of living to work instead of living becoming work!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 


No comments:

Post a Comment