30 December, 2015

Carols with candles at mid-day!


As we sang carols and shared the mid-day meal together before Christmas in the department where I work, I sensed an inner joy reflected in the singing.

The year 2015 was a good year with many pleasant reflections and reasons to be grateful!

Although we are depleted now as a team with a few having had to leave following marriage or other needs, the spirit of encouragement and hope was evident!

Yesterday during a conversation I enquired from one of my colleagues about her experience in being part of this small group. She mentioned that, 'I look forward to coming to work each day'!

I felt encouraged by this remark, because in the midst of demands of each day some of which are intense and disturbing, if we can have a sense of fulfilment it is because of the sense of mission each person carries in his or her heart! 

It is now three years and I feel that our efforts have the prospects of fruit bearing!

M.C.Mathew( text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment