21 December, 2015

Morning sight!


Every time Anna and I sight a new bird in our garden, it is an encouragement to us that our garden is a welcome place for the bird visitors! As I watched this bird move about in the lawn elegantly sometimes spreading its wings, it was obvious that it was free of any fear!

Fear of all sorts is what can preoccupy us! I have sometimes fearful dreams and while revisiting these dreams I become even more aware of the layers of fear which exist in my own soul!

Yesterday, as I watched our grandson attempting to walk, I had another insight. He walked looking to his mother and father, who waited with outstretched hands to receive him in case he fumbled!

What an assurance of hope when trust is exercised! This is what can dispel fear!

'Fear not'. was the message which came to Mary when she was chosen to be the mother of Jesus!  Mary seemed to have overcome her fear following this announcement to embark on an unusual life journey !

As I prepare to make a transition in 2016 by reducing my professional work, I have fears of adjustment to this change. 

The bird in this picture seemed to convey a body language of ease and comfort, for it is safe because its heavenly father provides, even though it does not sow or reap !

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment