07 September, 2023

A Bulbul's Berry picking!







From the time this Bulbul noticed the berry in front, I noticed it moving towards it to get it between its bills. The last photo is the Bulbul missing it and hanging in an upside down position. It did not attempt after this first failure. It flew away. 

Although it amused me how it just missed it while stretching its body forward and landed up loosing its balance, I was taken a back by its choice to let go.

The Bulbul knew that it had other berries to go to, instead of spending all the time trying to get this one. 

I wish I had more of this consciousness!

One does not have to be desperate to keep trying to get something done, if after a reasonable effort, if it appeared to be out of each. There are other opportunities to explore and discover. 

I had a reminder of this dimension of letting go recently through an experience. I was after a printer to get a printing done. It got delayed. I was keen to do have it done from that printer as I could trust his quality of work. When it was getting delayed, I approached another person, who did it on time and the quality was good enough.

To move on and not getting stuck is important in our day to day  involvements. Sometimes letting go is a better alternative than desperately pursuing something which evades us!

I was hoping to have a Regional Child Development Centre in the hospital where I was working for 11 years. After all the efforts,  when it did not materialises, I decided to move on. I prolonged my retirement in the hope that it might materialise. Since I left I have come across an opportunity to do something else, which is a good enough substitute to what I was pursuing!

The Bulbul attempted but did not appear desperate. It had other options. 

This is also a necessary view to keep in mind along with our usual approach to pursue somethings passionately in spite of difficulties!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment