27 February, 2023

The stream at the edge of our farm!

 

The stream at the edge of our farm has existed from the time I can recall, since my parents came to live in this farm eighty years ago. It has flowing water though out the ear. This stream is a home for fish, snails, crabs and other aquatic beings. It feeds the adjoining fields., some of which are rice fields, vegetable gardens or grazing ground for cattle. 

Almost every day the goats above are found grazing in the field next to the stream. The overgrowth gets replenished because of the water from the stream. 

A stream is life giving for humans and animals and preserves life of the aquatic inhabitants. 

A stream flows for others!

Do I go to work each day because I draw a salary for my work! Or do I feel the call to serve others through my being and doing!

I have pondered over this a few times in the recent months as I have to choose the timing for final retirement from going to a regular work spot each day!

I felt that when others recede from my attention at my work place, it will be the time to fade away!

Life and living are akin to being a stream to give life to others!

Some of the good pictures I have of Kingfishers were when they were beside this stream looking out for fish movements!





It is the stream that sustains their life!

What a gift a stream is to all around it!


M.C.Mathew (text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment