19 February, 2023

One, a few and Many !




 A garden is a place for flowers- one, a few and many!

The elegance of the one flower does not get diminished by the presence of the few flowers or many flowers around it. The solitary flower is unique enough that it too has an equal place in a garden!

I find a culture of competitive spirit among health care professionals. The possessive attitude of many professionals to be self assertive disturbs me!

Let the fragrance of our  presence be gracefulness and thoughtfulness!

May we respect other professionals and stay in an attitude of serving and self giving!

How wonderful if the professionals in a hospital are so caring towards each other that we like  the cluster of flowers in the third picture above, bless others with our pleasing presence!

While I was waiting to punch my attendance one morning, the person before me turned to me and said, ' Good morning, I am Peter, I recently joined as professor of Medicine'!  I felt moved by that thoughtful and warm gesture of kindness to greet and make a contact! He stretched his hand to greet and send me with his greetings for a good day. 

What a difference from the many we meet in the corridors and pass by without noticing each other!

One is in the company of the few or many! We belong to each other!


M C Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment