30 November, 2017

Missing and finding!

When Anna and I left Vellore in 2010, we packed our belonging in several boxes. Although we had a list of the different items in each box, it was not exhaustive. 

This audiometer went missing. There are still some boxes yet to be opened. Anna recently is completing the last stage of the unpacking. This audiometer appeared in one plastic bag safely kept in a box.

I had another audiometer which I was able to use at work, which went out of order after twenty years in clinical use. So I returned to using calibrated sound makers for primary screening of hearing of children. I often thought for ordering for another one! However the cost was prohibitive.

So when it arrived it was a new experience. To my surprise, it is in working condition!

I have struggled with a question, 'Am I overstaying in clinical work at my age' for the last several months. After thirty five years, one thinks of a closure. 

At least for the time being, the arrival of this audiometer suspends that question for a while! 

All most all experiences in life have an existential and symbolic meaning, if we were to take time to reflect upon!

The events in our lives can refresh and renew us. Beneath the turbulent surface water of the sea, there is stillness!   

We are called to live beneath the surface in union with our inner spirit, where God resides!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment