26 November, 2017

Invisible presence!


There is a strong passion for visibility socially, culturally, economically and behaviourally. Ther tis competition for being seen, heard and valued!

During my morning walk in our garden, I passed this banana plant at least three times. During the fourth round, I noticed a movement in the air which made me look intently and patiently, which is when I noticed this spider at work in creating this exquisite artistic work. It was another time, when I regretted for not having carried a macro lens!

Visibility although is a strong human desire, quiet presence is an inner passion of the contemplatives! This spider in its quiet presence is creating and designing. I almost missed this sight because, my mind was occupied; my eyes captured the visible sights and by habit I walk without being fully present to what is immediately around me!   

Another lesson in this learning journey! It is the inner awareness and alertness which would make a person stay open to realities around. The inner consciousness to take interest in the less visible or not so imposing sights is a habit all of us can develop by a meditative attitude during our daily rhythm- to be present to what is around without being preoccupied or buried within ourselves!  

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment