13 May, 2015

Sights and sounds!


During an exercise walk, one can obsessively focus on the metabolic advantages of a walk or walk preoccupied. This happens when we have allowed less time for walk!

The residential area at the CMC Ludhiana campus is a home for many birds. During just one walk, I noticed many familiar birds and some not so common! Birds appeared less intimidated by human presence and gave me time to view them closely.

A walk is also for pausing for sights and sounds!

This is also true of journey of life! When we are driven by a passion or goal driven, one can dismiss some events and experiences as interruptions or distractions! although we need to stay focussed, it is necessary to be alert to all the unexpected events or happenings because the course of the journey is also significant and not the destination alone!  

Allow interruptions and distractions even when we are stretched for time because such occasions can be pregnant with meaning and purpose! I was standing under the Gulmohar tree in this picture and listening to a friend who stopped me during the walk. When I was ready to resume the walk, I heard the chirping in the tree. When I looked up there was a parrot pausing for me!   

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment