15 May, 2015

Keeping a watch!


I noticed this parakeet and its mate  sitting at the same place on all the occasions I passed by this tree during my walks during the last four days. I suspect there would be little ones inside the hollow of the trunk of the tree. When the male bird arrived, I noticed food between its  beaks.  

When I went close to the tree trunk, the parakeet flew away to a taller branch of the tree keeping a close watch on its home. 

I know very little about the breeding habits of parakeets. But it occurred to me that the parakeets were  intensely watchful over the little ones. 

Caring for the little ones is an instinct that is common to all species of birds, animals and humans. 

Jesus of Nazareth spoke about how the birds of the air are provided for, even when they do not sow or reap. God cares for all of His creation. It is from God, this caring culture originates. 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment