08 February, 2018

Signs of hope!


What has fascinated me during this flowering season, how buds appear almost each day!I go looking for flowers and return to the garden each morning because there are more buds waiting to open!



The sight of the buds fill me with hope!

Flowers are transient, so too the buds...but both point to the reality that a garden would have plants, leaves, buds, flowers or fruits! Even during a rough season, there woeful be still something left in a garden!

I feel that hope is an anchor to our soul!

We are called to invite humans to live with hope, lest we slip into cynicism or resignation!

A woman who has an alcohol dependent husband has to care for three children who have developmental needs. She was tearful while talking about it. Soon she recomposed herself, and said,  'I want to offer to help my family...'! My eyes were wet when I heard this.

We feel strengthened by trusting in the God of our circumstances!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment