25 February, 2018

Outer and Inner



I have been drawn towards this rose plant which produces two different colours petals. The outer petals are dark pink and the inner ones are lighter!

The buds look reddish in the outside, which turn dark pink when the flowers opens!

There is a difference between the inner and the outer!

Mr. George Verver, a speaker and writer of considerable reputation in one of his books, 'Hunger for Reality' refers to 'dichotomy' in character referring to the inconsistency between who we are inside and what we present ourselves as in the outside!

I feel that the inner and the outer do not match in human behaviour. 

I have long hours of listening when I welcome children and families. Towards the end of the day, I wander away from what parents speak to me and loose the connection of conversation. But I appear to others as keenly listening!

The dichotomy is part of our nature...but the way out George Verver mentioned in his book, is easy to practice! Acknowledge whenever we feel caught in dichotomous behaviour! 'The way out is through the way in' according to Dr Hans Buerki! 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment