06 February, 2018

Fruits and flowers!


This jackfruit tree yielded no fruits last year after it was pruned. But there are fruits already and the tree continues to flower a second time now!

The farmer waits for the fruits of his labour!

In my case, I wondered whether I hurt the tree with the pruning exercise! Some farmers did mention it to me!

How do we prune without hurting a tree! There is a season for pruning, when a tree accepts it to grow further!

There is a synchrony between readiness and pruning. I got this message from vine growers.  There is a season for pruning. I learn it from our experience with rose plants.  We pruned them at the correct time last year that we have flowers from October and I watch new buds almost everyday even now!

So it is good to engage others in conversations and revision of life when they are ready.. till they are ready we are called to wait! For relationships to grow and flourish, there are seasons of engagements and waiting! There is presence and absence, both are equally vital to build relationships!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment