16 March, 2015

Four in one !




It is common to see families use motor bikes for their transport.

I feel that it is high time that we discourage this practice! I wonder whether we can make that as an educational exercise! I feel it is unsafe for children and too risky to be on road with an overloaded motor bike. The 125 cc bikes are not meant to carry about 200 kgs- it looses its balance and it is too effortful to negotiate a bike in the heavy traffic of fast moving vehicles! 

I wish, the governments owed pay greater attention to public transport so that families would find it enjoyable to travel without squeezing to a motor bike. There is a revival of interest in metro railways, monorails, faster and comfortable buses, creating dedicated lanes of buses, etc. I wonder whether this unchecked addition of vehicles to our roads would do us good in the long run when we are fighting pollution and congestion of space!   

The highest number of road accidents in the world seems to be in india. I wonder each of us can take an active role for advocacy for safety on the road !

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment