26 March, 2015

Morning glory!



As I watched this bunch of flowers enhanced its brilliance in the morning sun, I noticed what sunshine can do! Its brilliance is both its own and acquired. What it receives from outside adds even more richness.

This speculator sight happened in the morning of the first full day of a retreat, I was part of recently. As I listened to the brief biography of the participants in the previous evening, I was aware of the richness of experiences they carry with them. Yet they were seeking for more inner awareness of themselves and of the reality of God's goodness. This is a longing of most humans- to grow in the awareness of the meaning and purpose of life and living!

However, it is not by pursuit of self-development plan alone we receive this larger meaning of life and feel connected with the mystery of life. It is in the context of relationship with each other, the added dimension of meaning of life grows within us. We receive by listening, observing and interacting the larger truth and meaning beyond our natural perception.

A nine year old child told me yesterday, 'It was  through seeing the several pictures in your office I started drawing and colouring. I received a prize for my pencil sketch last week' . We reach out to others in several ways to make a difference, often not being conscious of them! We bring radiance to each other through our collaborative journey into life, under the watchful eyes of God who make our efforts bear fruits!

M.C.Mathew( text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment