17 March, 2015

Photo conversation !


What happens around the photographs taken of interesting scenes is anybody's guess. Usually most photographers have an instinct to share what they captured with others immediately after they clicked a scene. Most photographers grow in their concepts and ideas form what they learn from others. Some comment on colour, light contrast, depth, shades and shadows, size, etc. It is what the photographer is looking for!Some comments would be complimentary and others not so! A photographer is aware of this when he seeks for a photdimcussion. 

Yesterday, I had a difficult time with a family who visited for consultation. They were asking and commenting on many issues. I was not comfortable at the end the day to prolong the conversation or take the conversation forward! I knew I was getting irritated and felt disturbed by every comment the family made! The conversation ended abruptly with the family being uncomfortable and myself becoming miserable. 

Later in the evening, I kept pondering over this matter. I tend take the complements casually and critical remarks seriously. I realised from this experience that it is good to welcome complements and carry them in my heart to feel encouraged and receive other comments gently to ponder over them with openness to embrace another dimension of truth. That would then become a means for personal growth.  

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment