04 January, 2024

The wayside scenes









 


The above sights were few of the phots I gathered during the  evening walk yesterday. 

The last two photos of a senior citizen clearing the grass and tilling the ground manually, caught my attention. 

To be occupied, by working with his hands, seemed to be his interest. The way he did the digging slowly in a measured pace comfortable for him attracted me. His was way of working with a sense of presence to himself and the soil he was digging. He worked regardfully of his health. He has a long stretch of land to dig and clear the overgrowth on the ground. That did not create a sene of haste. 

I saw him working diligently and mindfully!

That is the wisdom which he inherited from the years of his life experience. 

I returned home thinking of the role of senior citizens in a home and in the neighbourhood. 

To live with a sense of presence and mindfulness!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment