12 January, 2024

At daybreak !









Out of curiosity, I walked in the garden in the twilight of the morning yesterday, to look at the regular flight stations of the avian flight path. 

I was surprised the above birds in different places perched and hopefully waiting for the dawn. These stations cannot be their night shelters as they are not covered by the foliage of the trees. 

The birds are early risers and start moving between flight stations even before the dawn. 

A Magpie robin and an insect between its beaks. 

Another Magpie robin and a Tailor bird broke the silence of the morning with their tuneful bird calls. Both of them have a high pitched bird calls, which resonated in the morning air. 

After the stroll, when I returned to the front garden, I noticed the lilies in bloom, the flourishing rose buds and the cashew tree with tender cashew nuts. 




The skyline greeted me with the avian presence and the garden  with its flowers and fruits!

The inspiring  presence of life in all its fullness on a cloudy day, at day break! 

It brought an upbuilding feeling of being surrounded by abundance of goodness around me!

I needed this encouraging flavour at the beginning of a new day as there were matters, which looked too cloudy to process, needing attention!

Dulcie has habit of coming and looking at me. If I did not stroke her, she would wag her tail calling for attention! That often was a reminder to me of how much we receive from the thoughtfulness of others!


M.C.Mathew (text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment